Mardi Gras Parade - Galveston Texas 2003
As part of our Southern roots (Texas for me and Louisiana for John) we follow the Mardi Gras tradition that on the night of Fat Tuesday we have pancakes for dinner. The actual tradition behind eating pancakes on Fat Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday has been celebrated for centuries in preparation for the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday. Our family doesn’t practice Lent but we sure love Mardi Gras. Last year on Fat Tuesday we changed things up a bit and made crepes which were a big hit. This year I again decided to try something a little different. I found a recipe for blender pancakes online and tried it…they were sooooo good that I had to share the recipe…this coming from a girl who grew up with my dad’s awesome buttermilk pancakes every Saturday. We all loved these new pancakes so much that they were all gobbled up before I could snap a picture. I will definitely be making more of these yummy little flapjacks again.
Blender Pancakes
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup flour (can use whole wheat flour instead)
2 tbs. Sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
Put the wet ingredients in the blender first then add the dry ingredients and blend (about 2 minutes) until thoroughly mixed. The batter will be very thin. Pour onto pre-heated griddle. These pancakes are so yummy and turn out perfectly fluffy and golden brown.
As part of our Southern roots (Texas for me and Louisiana for John) we follow the Mardi Gras tradition that on the night of Fat Tuesday we have pancakes for dinner. The actual tradition behind eating pancakes on Fat Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday has been celebrated for centuries in preparation for the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday. Our family doesn’t practice Lent but we sure love Mardi Gras. Last year on Fat Tuesday we changed things up a bit and made crepes which were a big hit. This year I again decided to try something a little different. I found a recipe for blender pancakes online and tried it…they were sooooo good that I had to share the recipe…this coming from a girl who grew up with my dad’s awesome buttermilk pancakes every Saturday. We all loved these new pancakes so much that they were all gobbled up before I could snap a picture. I will definitely be making more of these yummy little flapjacks again.
Blender Pancakes
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup flour (can use whole wheat flour instead)
2 tbs. Sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
Put the wet ingredients in the blender first then add the dry ingredients and blend (about 2 minutes) until thoroughly mixed. The batter will be very thin. Pour onto pre-heated griddle. These pancakes are so yummy and turn out perfectly fluffy and golden brown.

No comments:
Post a Comment