Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Missing Pants

My favorite style of pants are the now discontinued Gap welt pocket pant. I love these pants…they fit perfectly and are so very comfortable, plus they come in short which is a rare find. I have them in 2 colors black and khaki and usually wear each pair at least once a week. Three months ago the black ones went missing. I have looked everywhere for them, I tore apart my closet, unloaded every item from my dresser…I did everything short of cussing out my dry cleaner thinking that might have been the last time I saw them. No such luck and no pants…I’ve been really sad.

Last night was our annual changing of the wardrobe day, where we officially move from our fun summer clothes to our cozy winter appropriate clothing...although Zach will continue to wear shorts all through the winter.

Ashley was up first and her switch was finished fairly quickly and without much fuss. We now have 2 nice size bags of cute clothing and shoes that will be handed off to her cousin Rylee. We also now have to write up a long shopping list since her closet and dresser are nearly empty.

Cameron was next…his clothes are always the hardest to sort through…mainly because he’s so sentimental about his stuff and each piece of clothing that doesn’t fit anymore turns into a trip down memory lane. Then we sorted through all the clothing that has been passed down from Zach. It took us awhile but we successfully cut Cameron’s massive clothing stash in half…I swear this boy collects jammie pants.

Zach’s sort was going to be the easiest since we had recently done a quick pass through his clothes to determine the winter items he needed for his School Outdoor Ed trip up in the mountains. While going though his pants drawer Zach pulled out his only pair of black pants…the ones that he only wears for band concerts. He was about to throw them in the give-away pile when I reminded him that he’ll need those for the upcoming band concert next week. He said “Well why can’t I just wear these ones instead”…as he pulled a second pair of pants from the drawer…black pants…my black pants…my black pants that have been missing for the past 3 months. I probably would have strangled him right there had I not been so excited to finally have them back.

This is something that I’m going to have to start getting used to now that Zach’s and my clothing are basically the same size...well at least the length is the same...I wish my waist was that thin. I've already been having a hard time sorting between his and John’s socks, I can only image how crazy it will be when all 3 of the kids are fully grown. Maybe by then everyone will just do their own laundry…ha-ha that was a good one!

Oh and I happily wore my black pants to work today.

3 comments:

The Whites said...

That is so great!! You don't know how many times I have found my clothes in someone elses drawers!!
Yea..Black Pants!!

Unknown said...

This reminds me of a story about a guy I work with. His son was a teenager at the time. One day he came to work and said, "Boy, I really need to go on a diet. My pants are really tight and uncomfortable." Not until he got home and immediately took the slacks off, did he realize that they were his son's slacks which somehow were hung in his closet. We had a good laugh at his expense.

Burridge said...

Just yesterday...Zach came walking out of his room holding up the waist of his jeans asking if I've seen his belt...I took a quick peek and you guessed it they were my jeans!!

This is not going to be funny much longer.