Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Sunday


Easter was a little more special for us this year since we have recently started attending church services again over the past few months.  I woke the kids up bright and early since our church starts at 9:00 and they were happy to find that even though they're teenagers the Easter Bunny still left behind lots of goodies in their baskets. 


They ate breakfast and maybe a little bit of candy and then everyone went and quietly got dressed in their finest church duds...a far cry from the scenes over four years ago with the Sunday meltdowns and endless complaining about their ties choking them, their church shoes that were so uncomfortable and the worst of all having to wear a dress!!...where was I, oh our happy Easter of 2013.  So the kids, now dressed to the nines and Ashley sporting curls and I were off to church just as John was heading out to go into work for the morning.  John doesn't like it when I brag about him but one of the things I love most about him his how he is always so thoughtful of others. He normally takes every Sunday off but each year he goes in and works by himself on Easter morning so that all of his employees can attend church with their families...gotta love the guy.

Church was great, the talks in sacrament were very moving and all of us ended up watching short movies about the resurrection in our Sunday school classes and it really set the tone for the rest of our day.


Of course being that I have teenagers I wasn't quick enough once we got home to get a picture of them all dressed up for church since they pretty much strip down the moment we walk through the door...somethings never change. I did manage to corral them together briefly for a cute sibling picture.

With Cameron and Ashley's help I started our Easter dinner prep, on the menu brown sugar ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus, pineapple, green salad, deviled eggs and Rhodes rolls.  Dinner was served as soon as John walked in the door from work and the kids all filled him in on what they had learned about the Savior at church, it was a really nice time with just our little family.  The rest of the day was spent watching NCAA basketball games together and cheering on our teams to move forward in our brackets.


No comments: