I too have been a slacker mommy and here’s why:
Once when I was sick and John was working nights, I called my brother to come over and watch the kids so I could throw up in peace…he fed the kids (ages 6, 3, 2) Cheetos and Oreos for dinner and I was totally cool with it.
I’ve been known to actually pray for soccer practice or games to be cancelled, especially on my carpool days.
I’m not a member of the PTA and I only ever volunteer to go on class fieldtrips.
Zachary slept in our bed until he was 4…Cameron slept in our bed until he was 6…Ashley has never slept in our bed (it was always too crowded), although she did sleep in her baby swing every night for her first 6 weeks. They never actually started out in our bed…they would just ‘sneak’ in every night and I was too tired to move them back.
I have the kids write out very nice thank you cards for their birthday and Christmas gifts and then I never get around to mailing them…so please don’t hold it against the kids!
My impressionable daughter has heard me complain about my weight way more than I’d like to admit.
We have a sock basket…I rarely ever fold socks so instead we end up digging through the basket looking for matching pairs every morning.
I can totally ignore my family for days when I’m deep in a good book.
There were a lot of days that my babies never wore more than their diapers the whole day...in my defense we did live in hot humid Texas at the time.

I don’t like to cook on John’s closing nights so the kids usually have cold cereal or ramen noodles for dinner…last night they picked frozen waffles.
I absolutely hate balloons and always pop the ones the kids bring home from parties.
Most nights John and I use to load the kids in the van and drive them around the neighborhood until they fell asleep.
I secretly love it when all my kids are at sleepover’s on the same night and John’s working late.
My kids watch way too much Nickelodeon and Disney channel (you know it’s bad when John has already seen the show before) and we’ve devoted an unhealthy amount of time making characters on the Wii.
The first time I used the drive through at our bank, my sweet little 4 year old Zachary yelled out...”I want fries with my nuggets!”
More often than not the Tooth Fairy forgets to leave money under our kid’s pillows, that or she never seems to have any cash on hand.
Ever since Zach learned to read I’ve let him handle the nightly bedtime story for Cameron and Ashley but now that job has been handed over to Cameron. They can use the practice...right?
We have at least 10 video tapes of Zach as a baby but only 1 that contains both of Cameron and Ashley's first 5 years and now we only pull the camcorder out maybe twice a year for school plays and on Christmas morning.
My kids rarely go to bed before 9:30…most nights we’re pushing 10:00.
I could go on but I think that's quite enough for now...also FYI Cameron says frozen waffles for dinner makes me the best mommy!!
Now I know there are a fairly good amount of people out there reading this blog…I know this because you all keep telling me that you check it (which by the way makes me so happy) but for some reason my comments are always empty…so please come out of the shadows and let’s hear from all of you…Have you been a slacker mommy (or daddy) too?
No comments:
Post a Comment