As the years have past and my children have grown older, I’ve frequently found myself lost in thought reflecting back on how it all started. With each passing year it’s becoming harder for me to recall all the details.
I try to remember what it was like being pregnant…the excitement of the news, the wonder of feeling their first movements, the beauty of seeing each of them months before their arrivals, the joy and worry of the preparation and planning and then I think back to each of their births…so very magical and yet so scary. I try to remember what it felt like the first time I heard them, saw them and finally held them in my arms.
The day to day activities of those first few months of their lives seem like a blur now…but with each of my children I can vividly remember those special middle of the night feedings spent holding their tiny hands while slowly rocking them back and forth. I can still feel them sleeping on my chest…their tiny hearts beating so much faster than my own. I get a lump in my throat when I recall the smell of their clean heads and the touch of their baby soft hair on my chin.
It’s the simple memories that make me tear up now…my first born Zachary sleeping in the arms of his new father, the endless smiles from my happy little Cameron, the crazy curls of my darling baby girl Ashley…the sight of all three of my little ones sound asleep in my bed…intertwined in each others arms.
Motherhood is a lovely thing.
1 comment:
So cute! Loved this post. How are your parents? Are they down in Galveston? Thought about them with all this madness going on. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment