I've always been a morning girl...but not today. This morning I could hardly bring myself to get out of bed and start my day. It wasn't due to the weather because its absolutely lovely outside and no I'm not sick, in fact I've been feeling rather good lately. Getting up would mean that my perfect 3 day weekend spent with my hubby had officially come to an end. That's right 3 full days!!
No, we weren't on some exciting vacation just the two of us...we just both took an extra day off work.
Yes, there were always kids around...our three plus the usual one or two extras....but the more the merrier at our house.
No, there weren't any romantic candle light dinners...although we sure enjoyed relaxing and watching football at Buffalo Wild Wings even if one of our kids was very grumpy at the time.
Yes, there were a few soccer games to attend...but watching and cheering on your children is such a joy and at the last game it got a little chilly so we held hands.
No, the TV wasn't turned off 100% of the time...but the Presidential Debate was very important and the conversations afterward were quite intriguing.
Yes, there were plenty of things to do around the house...but scraping old paint off the deck can actually be kind of sexy at times.
No, there wasn't a lot of alone time...although we did manage to sneak out late last night for an impromptu date night and I did keep gripping his arm during the action parts in Eagle Eye.
Yes, we even did a little shopping together...actually I got a nice surprise visit in the produce dept when I turned around he was there having decided to wake up early and come shopping with me after all and then proceeded to push my cart and even helped bag the groceries.
No gifts, no frills, not one fight (even while we were fixing something I broke)...just time...his time...the best gift ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment