Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Not my typical Thanksgiving…
I slept in until 9:00…not having to wake up at 5am to put the bird in the oven
I leisurely made the pies that I was suppose to make the night before but took Zach to see Twilight instead…even better the second time around
I enjoyed a yummy brunch while watching football with my hubby
I took my time getting all dolled up…this never happens when I’m hosting and cooking
We met up with all my family (22 of us) at TrailDust Steakhouse for a yummy turkey dinner with all the fix'ns
The adults relaxed, chatted, laughed and watched the Cowboys game while the kids were entertained by the balloon guy and the slide
We ended up having the entire banquet room to ourselves…fireplace and all
All the proceeds went to charity…what a great lesson in truly being thankful
Afterward we went back to our house for dessert and a rousing game of Club Cranium
Our last guest left at midnight and my kitchen was spotless
I stayed up until 3:30am reading the second book in the Twilight series…why because I could since I wasn’t exhausted from a long day of cooking, doing dishes and cleaning.
In the morning I took Jack to the vet, put up my Christmas decorations and avoided all stores on Black Friday...except Hobby Lobby but that doesn't count.
The kids with all their balloon creations.

Cameron with his balloon bat.
Nanny the Queen of our family.
Sliding was so much fun.
The texting boys...way too cool for the slide.
My grandparents...Pawpye and Nanny
Courtney and Andra
My Mom and Dad
John and his cutie-pie baby girl.

Pawpye and one of his baby girls (horrible picture of us but you can feel the love!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks so fun and relaxing! Tell all the fam hello!