Monday, December 8, 2008

A visit to Ol' Saint Nick

Yesterday we went to Arapahoe Acres Nursery to get in some time with the big guy.

What do you want Santa asked...Zach said an iPod Touch, Cameron requested a Star Wars game for the Wii and Ashley asked for a puppy...what???...a puppy...a real one...news to me...I gave Santa the evil eye to make sure that there will not be a cute little puppy under our tree on Christmas morning. Ashley's BFF Bridget came along with us...as usual they were dressed in identical outfits, so they were absolutely tickled pink when Santa of all people asked them if they were twins.

They both brought little notebooks and asked Mr. Claus for his autograph.
He was more than happy to oblige.
Santa brought along a couple of his reindeer again this year. BTW we love Arapahoe Acres...they have Santa, Reindeer, hot cider and cocoa, cookies, hayrides, giant train display, the best real Christmas trees in town and they have some of the most beautifully decorated Christmas Trees I've seen. Of course we couldn't leave without purchasing an ornament...actually it was Zach who bought a very pretty ornament with a cursive B on it for his 'girlfriend' Bailey...how cute is that?
John and Zach had missed out on this event last year so they were the most excited members of our group...John loved all the trees and the ornaments and Zach thought the reindeer were pretty cool.
The following melts my heart...
Yesterday morning I jumped in the shower while John went downstairs to start breakfast for the kids. This is what I found when I finally made it downstairs...no breakfast and everyone all cuddled up on the sofa watching A Christmas Story...John's favorite movie. It was really sweet and I didn't even mind making breakfast for all of them.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun place! We might need to make a visit over there while were in Denver. Hey can you send me you address so I can mail you our Christmas card? (ashley@shupe.net)

srosenau said...

My most favorite moments are when we're cuddled up on the couch!