Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Card Photos

After this weekends attempt to capture a decent family photo for our Christmas card, I started reminiscing over the photos that have graced our cards over the last few years. I actually shouldn’t use the word ‘graced’…we usually just default to the only remaining picture after all the horrible ones have been eliminated.

This year was no different. I took at least 30 shots and there wasn’t one with everyone looking ‘normal’ and smiling naturally. There were plenty of Cameron looking drunk, Ashley looking constipated and Zach…well let me just remind you that he recently got his bottom braces on…enough said. Oh and don’t get me started on John and I…I think we were worse than the kids.

Every year I needlessly agonize over our picture only to unpack our old cards from my Christmas boxes the following year and start crying over how much my babies have changed.
Christmas 2002, Texas
Zachary 5, Cameron 3 & Ashley 2
This was our first ever photo card. I took this on a Sunday before heading to church.

Christmas 2003 Texas

This was on my parents sailboat on a perfectly sunny day. Afterward we all went to Joe Lee's for awesome seafood.

Christmas 2004 Colorado

A fairly good picture although the lighting is bad and it looks like Ashley is strangling Caesar.

Christmas 2005 Colorado

There was no pre-planning for this shot...notice the time on the clock it was 8:30pm on a school night on the last day to order cards so everyone could get them before Christmas day.

Christmas 2006 Colorado

This one is my favorite because we had so much fun and it turned out to be a fantastic day.

1 comment:

Linds said...

So fun to look back at how everyone has changed over the years. I think our first Christmas card was last year. I could not believe how much Zach looked like John in that first Christmas card picture. Crazy! Also I love the pickle idea, how fun! I wonder if I can find one around here.