Monday, December 10, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!!
We finally got some snow…yippee! It started falling Friday night and continued on and off all day on Saturday. Not too much, just 3 inches or so. I love how beautiful everything looks under a nice blanket of snow…what I don’t like are the icy roads that came along with our storm. Driving through town on Saturday was very scary, especially after John’s accident a few weeks ago. The kids and I were out Christmas shopping and at one point it was so icy that everyone was sliding all over the place and one car actually went sliding right through the intersection. That’s when we called it a day and headed safely home. We had Nathan and Cameron over for that night while their parents attended a Christmas party. We watched Christmas movies and had a great time making a gingerbread house…which only survived the night and was quickly picked apart by all 5 kids right after I took this picture Sunday morning.


On Sunday…John, Cam, Ashley and I hit the mall to do a little shopping for Zach. It wasn’t as crazy as we thought it would be…might have been because we were shopping during the Bronco game. Then last night we went to a super fun Christmas party with a neighborhood group from our new church. The food was great and the company was even better. We had a fun gift exchange which the kids really enjoyed.

This week is going to be a crazy one…tonight John and I are going Christmas shopping without the kids, Tuesday Ashley and I will be working on some secret gifts we're making, Wednesday is my company Christmas party, Thursday is a long waited girl’s night out with a few friends from high school, Friday/Saturday is our annual cookie baking party, Saturday night brings the Whitelock’s annual Christmas party and hopefully Sunday brings a much needed day of rest. Also it looks like we’ve got a few more inches of snow heading our way tonight to add to the craziness.

No comments: