Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crazy Colorado Weather.

I love autumn, it's my favorite season. I love the crisp air and the beautiful colors of the changing leaves. I took these fall pictures in our backyard on Friday afternoon.


Saturday was nice but a little windy at the kids soccer games. Then Saturday night we went to the Colorado Rapids vs Real Salt Lake game with Zach's soccer team. It was 70 degrees with no wind at kick off and by half time it had dropped to 50 degrees with 30 MPH winds. It was still a great game even with the chilly weather and a last minute loss by the Rapids.

This is what we woke up to Sunday morning. Needless to say the kids were thrilled...mainly because I had planned for them to help me rake up all the leaves in the back yard (just so you know...we have 8 trees back there).


The kids were all excited to go outside and play. Since this was the first snow of the year I had to bring up the winter totes from the basement. The kids all started getting dressed only to find that almost nothing fit...they had out grown everything! A few items could be passed from Zach to Cameron but the rest required a quick trip to Target to get some new winter gear. Funny enough we weren't the only ones...Target was totally packed (it looked like the day after Thanksgiving). Most of the carts were full of coats and gloves and even a few scrapers and shovels. So an hour & a half and a quite a few dollars later the kids had a great time sledding and playing in the snow. With the crazy weather in Colorado I hope they enjoyed it because tomorrow's forecast says 70 and sunny.


The kids making a snow fort with uncle Chris, Rylee, and their friends Nathan and Cameron .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, we too ran to Target that day to get the kids new snow boots! We carved pumpkins, made a snow man, and sipped hot apple cider. I adore this time of year!