I love working on projects and usually have 2 or 3 going at anytime. Some of my favorite activities are painting, scrap-booking and photography, interior decorating, sewing, flower arranging and gardening.
10 years ago I discovered a new creative outlet as I successfully decorated a Winnie the Pooh cake for my son Zachary’s first birthday. Over the years as a stay at home mom I used to make multiple cakes for my friends and family. Now with a busier schedule I’m down to 3 or 4 cakes each year for the kid’s birthdays and one for John and I (our birthdays are a week apart). What started as a solution to disappointing results from the grocery store bakery and unusual requests from my children (like a Nak-Nak cake) has turned into something I really enjoy.
I love the process of decorating them and like to think of the finished products as edible art. My favorite cake so far was one I did for my nephew TJ’s 2nd birthday. It was a 3 dimensional ‘Big Red Car’ complete with all the Wiggles and their friends. My hobby has been self taught, mainly through trial and error (including many failed attempts at roses) but this year my goal is to take some formal classes and learn the proper decorating techniques.
10 years ago I discovered a new creative outlet as I successfully decorated a Winnie the Pooh cake for my son Zachary’s first birthday. Over the years as a stay at home mom I used to make multiple cakes for my friends and family. Now with a busier schedule I’m down to 3 or 4 cakes each year for the kid’s birthdays and one for John and I (our birthdays are a week apart). What started as a solution to disappointing results from the grocery store bakery and unusual requests from my children (like a Nak-Nak cake) has turned into something I really enjoy.
I love the process of decorating them and like to think of the finished products as edible art. My favorite cake so far was one I did for my nephew TJ’s 2nd birthday. It was a 3 dimensional ‘Big Red Car’ complete with all the Wiggles and their friends. My hobby has been self taught, mainly through trial and error (including many failed attempts at roses) but this year my goal is to take some formal classes and learn the proper decorating techniques.
Pikachu
Transformers
Finding Nemo
Cinderella

1 comment:
Hey Roxanne, this is Ashley (Thiess) Shupe... Linds forwarded me your link. It's so fun to see what you've been up to! And by the way, you do some pretty amazing cakes! If you email me your email address I'll send you an invite to my blog (since it's set to private). my address is ashley@shupe.net, talk soon! Oh, & I love your quote at the top of your blog :)!!
Post a Comment