Ok I've got a problem and I’m sure it’s fairly evident in all my endless blogging/bragging about my kids these days but I just can't help it...maybe I need an intervention?
"Hello, my name is Roxanne and I’m the really proud momma of three amazing people that I have been blessed with the privilege to call my children and I like to blog about them...a lot." 
I'm sorry but...I LOVE being a mom!
I will be forever grateful to Zach for making me a mommy for the first time. Those first treasured years with just our little family of three were such a joy. He made me love being a mother because Zach was the best first born child a mom could wish for. He was incredibly mellow and laid back, very independent…he actually potty trained himself by age two and so stinking smart that he could carry on grown up conversations before turning three. With Zach the whole mommy thing just seemed pretty easy.
Cameron’s first year challenged me to become a different kind of mother. With Cam I had to evolve into the neutering mother of a baby that actually needed me. I had to juggle a lot more too, handling bi-monthly doctor visits for a fussy baby that battled chronic ear-infections. From the age of 4 months until finally enduring ear tube surgery just before his first birthday, he needed me...a lot. All the while I was pregnant with Ashley who arrived only two weeks after those miracle little ear tubes changed my sad skinny little boy into a wonderfully happy child who finally started loving life.
With Ashley's arrival I once again became a different kind of mom. By the age of 25 I was a mother of three children all under the age of 4, so I got organized...like really organized. Life was of course crazy but I lived and breathed by my schedules, meal plans and calendars posted on my refrigerator. I found joy in making home cooked meals nearly every night, I was happiest when cleaning my house, working out, volunteering at school, going on play dates and taking walks with my cute little kids. I literally loved every single minute and to this day feel so blessed that I had those wonderful years at home with my kids.
Today I’m almost 35 and I find myself once again a different kind of mom. I now have a teenager who has actually thrived during his first year of Middle School, a 10 year old son who is trying to find the balance between still loving Pokemon cards and starting to actually care about haircuts and what he wears to school and a beautiful 9 year old daughter who is completely fearless and so full of adventure it scares me a little.
Cameron’s first year challenged me to become a different kind of mother. With Cam I had to evolve into the neutering mother of a baby that actually needed me. I had to juggle a lot more too, handling bi-monthly doctor visits for a fussy baby that battled chronic ear-infections. From the age of 4 months until finally enduring ear tube surgery just before his first birthday, he needed me...a lot. All the while I was pregnant with Ashley who arrived only two weeks after those miracle little ear tubes changed my sad skinny little boy into a wonderfully happy child who finally started loving life.
With Ashley's arrival I once again became a different kind of mom. By the age of 25 I was a mother of three children all under the age of 4, so I got organized...like really organized. Life was of course crazy but I lived and breathed by my schedules, meal plans and calendars posted on my refrigerator. I found joy in making home cooked meals nearly every night, I was happiest when cleaning my house, working out, volunteering at school, going on play dates and taking walks with my cute little kids. I literally loved every single minute and to this day feel so blessed that I had those wonderful years at home with my kids.
Today I’m almost 35 and I find myself once again a different kind of mom. I now have a teenager who has actually thrived during his first year of Middle School, a 10 year old son who is trying to find the balance between still loving Pokemon cards and starting to actually care about haircuts and what he wears to school and a beautiful 9 year old daughter who is completely fearless and so full of adventure it scares me a little.
I still live and breathe by my schedules and color coded calendars although now they are posted on my beloved Blackberry. I continue to delight in making home cooked meals and consider 4 in a week a huge success. Play dates these days mean my house is usually filled to capacity with other people’s children who eat all my food and make a lot of messes. I still like to clean but I’m ever so grateful I can now afford a cleaning service…she really does make me a much better mom. I’ve learned how to utilize every inch of my car as I spend a majority of my time in it driving to and from multiple sporting events. I now suffer from a serious case of bleacher butt thanks to the many long hours spent watching practices.
But I love it…all of it and I wouldn't change a thing.
But I love it…all of it and I wouldn't change a thing.
I’m so blessed to be a mom and thank God for the honor everyday.
But after all these years of different styles of mothering…I still consider my greatest accomplishment to be that I have raised three children who do not smack at the table.
But after all these years of different styles of mothering…I still consider my greatest accomplishment to be that I have raised three children who do not smack at the table.
Ashley and Cameron decorated my box instead of using wrapping paper...LOVE it!
Oh and they did good...real good...like I cried a little when I saw this gorgeous bag (thanks John, love you!).
Brownie bottom sundaes in my new awesome bowls from the Dollar Tree...love it.
A yummy breakfast I didn't have to make.
Getting the most perfect present ever...it's so me!
Yard work and planting FLOWERS...yay!
A Delicious Grilled Salmon Dinner on the Deck
The Best Mothers Day Ever!!
2 comments:
Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom ;)
I love checking in on you and your kiddos, Roxanne. Cheers to you, Sister.
Post a Comment