It’s time once again for another random Wednesday post…warning not quite as chipper as usual.
Work is at a complete stand still right now…and it’s just driving me crazy. Both of my current projects are awaiting survey and I just know that all the data will come in at the same time and then I’ll be insanely busy trying to get everything done.
One of the good things about my slow work load is that it made it easy to take a couple sick days off last week to deal with a kidney infection…which was absolutely no fun at all. After struggling though a week of less than zero energy and nagging back pain I was actually quite relieved to get the diagnosis and take a few days off to recuperate in peace.
The kids have been back in school for a week and a half and so far all is going well…except for Cameron who is now in the 3rd grade and is having a hard time adjusting to the high expectations from his teacher and her much larger homework load. 3rd grade is the year when everything changes…the kids are expected to be a lot more independent than before and it’s usually a pretty big shock to these sweet little 8 and 9 year olds. Tonight John and I will be going to back to school night…YIPPEE (said with a note of sarcasm).
Zach’s soccer season is in full force again with evening practices and his first tournament, The Denver Cup starting tomorrow night and ending on Sunday. Zach has taken the last 5 weeks off to give his knees a rest and it seems to have paid off considering his performance during last nights scrimmage against the silver team. He played very well and even scored one of the 4 goals.
I recently read a new book by Martha Beck called The 4 Day Win…where you set smaller goals in 4 day segments rather than the great big daunting goals I’m used to setting and never achieving. My first set of goals were simple daily 30 minute workouts but so far I’ve already missed the first 2 days because of homework, late running soccer practices and basically being just too dang tired (mainly from the meds). Oh well maybe I’ll make it onto the treadmill tonight while I watch Project Runway…oh wait we have back to school night until 8:30, so maybe not!
Maybe I should write my own book called the 1 Day Win instead.
2 comments:
It makes me tired reading all of that. I need to appreciate more these days of been home with little ones and not running around a million places. You handle it all well! Feel better soon.
Linds...have you seen the movie Billy Madison?
I love the scene with the 3rd grade boy who tells Billy he can't wait to go to High School and Billy puts his hands on either side of the boys face and starts shaking his chubby cheeks and says...
"Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that. Stay here. Stay here as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it. You have to cherish it."
Sometimes I feel like doing the same thing to my friends with little ones...and I'm pretty sure my friends with teenagers feel the same way towards me.
Post a Comment