Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Living up to his name...

The name Cameron is used both as a surname and a given name; the Camerons are a clan from the Scottish Highlands. The name is believed to be from the Gaelic 'cam' (crooked) and 'srón' (nose).

Back when I was pregnant with Cameron I remember reading in "The Great Big Book of Baby Names" that his name actually meant "crooked nose". John and I both laughed at the meaning since John has a bit of a crooked nose as a result from a break he sustained during a fight in the 3rd grade. Not overly thrilled with the meaning we decided to translate it to mean
"Son of Crooked Nose."


Well this weekend Cameron decided to live up to the Gaelic meaning of his name and take after his dad when he took a nose dive (pardon the pun) while walking on the brick retaining wall in our backyard and ended up breaking (well actually we'll find out for sure at his x-ray today) his cute little perfect nose.



Aside from the blood and all the screaming I was actually quite relieved....strange I know but ever since Zach was born I've been dreading the day one of my kids breaks a bone. So now that it finally happened and overall wasn't as bad as I had imagined (I didn't pass out like I thought I would) that nagging little fear in the back of my mind and in the bottom of my stomach is now gone...at least for now.

2 comments:

Linds said...

So sad! That is classic about his name. Hope he is feeling better.

Burridge said...

Update...Great news...the doctor called and said the x-rays don't show a fracture. Yippee!