Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Zachary!

Wow where have the years gone…my sweet little baby boy is turning 11 years old on Sunday!


Zachary is by far the best first born child a parent could possibly wish for. He was an utter joy as a baby, a ray of sunshine as a toddler and has grown up to be a very wonderful young man.


Zach has always had a super easy-going personality and doesn't let to much bother him. He’s a fantastic big brother who is extremely responsible and is a great protector and example for Cameron and Ashley.

I'm so glad they have him to look up to!


Most of you if you read this blog already know of Zachary’s love of soccer, that he currently wears braces and that he plays the saxophone in the school band…you might also know that he has always excelled in school…but here are a few things you probably don’t know about him...

1)Zachary has an obsession with United States Presidents. His 11 year old brain contains a vast knowledge of Presidential trivia ranging from their year of birth to their physical ailments and he gets quite passionate when quizzed…I challenge anyone to try and stump him sometime.

2)Zachary plays World of Warcraft (online multi player game)…ok most of my family knows about this one. John and I don’t play but from what I heard Zach’s pretty darn good at it.


3)Zach is a neat freak…he gets it from his dad. He absolutely hates clutter and really enjoys a clean room and actually appreciates my efforts to keep a clean house. Plus, I’ve seen inside his desk at school and it’s immaculate.


4)Zachary is funny…actually sarcastic would be more appropriate, he also gets this from his dad. He has this gift of delivering a great one liner without hurting anyone’s feelings in the process.

Here are a few signs that he’s growing up away too fast. His long shaggy hair cut is actually his ‘style’. He recently started having to wear deodorant and wash his face at night. At 11 years old he’s already 5’1”, shops in the mens department and wears a men’s 6.5 shoe. He also has his own cell phone and bank account (I didn't get mine until 16). Lastly….this one hurts a little…he gets embarrassed by his totally awesome parents!

Happy Birthday Zachary, We Love You! (I hope this post was embarrassing enough.)


***A note on the pictures - We didn't go digital until Zachary was 2 1/2 so his younger year pictures need to be scanned into the computer. Oh and I hope Courtney's co-workers really enjoy the Pirate picture!***

No comments: