Thursday, November 8, 2007

Project Update...The Livingroom

Over the weekend John, Ashley and I finally painted the livingroom.
Our family has a deep love of the ocean and sailing.
It's something I hope is reflected in this room.

Over the years I've collected a lot of cool beachy themed items that we've incorporated into the room. Instead of going with a traditional blue, white and red nautical style, I chose a more neutral South Pacific inspired design. Some of my beachy things have been stored during the holidays to make room for the current autumn and upcoming Christmas decorations.


The livingroom ceilings are vaulted which made painting in here a little more challanging than the rest of the house. I have to give a little shout out to John who is by far the fastest, cleanest and most patient painter I know. We finished the whole job in just over an hour and only have a little cutting in left to do this weekend.

John was a little skeptical of the color at first but now he loves it especially in the daylight with the sun shining through the big window.

The name of the paint color is Sandy Beach...it's a golden yellow color.

When Cameron first saw it he said "It's not beachy, it's spicy mustard!"

and you know what...he was right.

So next time you're at the grocery store take a look at the Gulden's spicy brown mustard...that's our new wall color.



1 comment:

Linds said...

I love it! Great color and I love the beach theme. It looks awesome! Sorry about the mouse, that is never fun. I am jealous though, I need to clean out my pantry this week before the holidays start. Good luck catching it.