Good news:
We woke up this morning to a beautiful white snowfall...nothing major just a nice pretty dusting.
Bad news:
It was freezing and windy over night so before our light dusting of the powdery white stuff we got a nice layer of ice. Which caused a women who was driving way too fast down Santa Fe to slam her car into the back of John's as he was driving into work this morning. She hit him so hard that it spun him around in the opposite direction, over the median and into oncoming traffic. Thankfully the oncoming drivers were careful enough to avoid him and neither John nor the woman was hurt, other than some minor soreness on John's part...I'm sure he'll be feeling it more tomorrow though.
While I'm so grateful no one was seriously injured but our car didn't fare so well. So now we get to deal with all the insurance hassles that come with accident claims.
Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and all...I'll end this post with a few reasons I'm thankful right now:
1. I'm so thankful my parents were at my house this morning and my mom was able to stay with the kids while my dad and I went to get John at the accident sight.
2. I'm thankful we've let Courtney store his jeep at our house for the past few months so now John can use it instead of dealing with a rental car.
3. Lastly I'm thankful the dear Lord was watching over my husband today...because it could have been sooo much worse and his family really needs him!!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Rox, I'm so glad John is alright. I'm always telling Rob to be super careful everytime he leaves the house. Sometimes my paranoia gets the best of me!
Post a Comment