Ashley REALLY wanted to go to the Grand Opening of the Denver American Girl Store...she had been counting down the days ever since they first announced it was coming months ago.
Last Saturday was finally the BIG day...we had heard on the news and from some friends that the wait was up to 5 or 6 hours with a line that wrapped around the mall.
It didn't matter Ashley still wanted to go.
She had saved up her money and had her eye on this adorable gymnastic outfit perfect for her American Girl doll Lily. I told her we'd drive over and check it out but no promises.
After seeing a much shorter line that we anticipated we decided to go for it. I informed her that I would be willing to wait up to 2 hours on one condition...she had to let me take as many pictures as I wanted. 
We got in line around 6:30pm...it was a little chilly out but Ashley was in Heaven. While waiting we chatted with all the other crazy parents and their excited little girls with dolls in hand. We were surprised that most of them were from out of town, some of them drove in from Wyoming and Nebraska!
"Oh mommy this was so worth the wait".
No comments:
Post a Comment