Sorry for the month long hiatus...we've been busy enjoying a truly fabulous summer and also adjusting to a couple of changes.
(I found this awesome picture on a blog but I can't remember which one)
July has been a busy month so far. We kicked it off with a great 4th of July weekend. On the 3rd John and I took the kids up to Lakewood to watch a pretty cool firework show over Sloans Lake. It was a perfect night with just my little family all huddled together on a blanket...pure bliss!
The 4th was actually a pretty low key day with my family coming over for a yummy BBQ and Andra, Ashley and I playing lots of "It's my turn to hold the baby". We had an awesome fireworks show in the front yard put on by our neighbors who had all the good illegal ones from Wyoming. The police drove by at one point and instead of shutting the party down they handed out sparklers to all the kiddos...how cool it that!
The rest of the night was full of lots of laughter while sitting around chatting and making smores over the fire pit in the driveway until well after midnight. I apologize, I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend, not even of the baby!
There have been a few adjustments in the hair department at our house...first Zach decided to chop off his long curly locks and is now sporting a pretty cool faux-hawk.
The rest of the night was full of lots of laughter while sitting around chatting and making smores over the fire pit in the driveway until well after midnight. I apologize, I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend, not even of the baby!
There have been a few adjustments in the hair department at our house...first Zach decided to chop off his long curly locks and is now sporting a pretty cool faux-hawk.
Then I decided I was tired of expensive trips to the salon every 8 weeks and opted for a darker more natural hair color which I'm totally LOVING... even more now that it's lightened up a bit since this picture.
The other big change was John's decision to make a career move which gave him 6 weeks to hang out with the kids during their summer break. They really enjoyed having their dad around which also meant their friends got to come over and hang out all day. John kept everyone entertained with trips to the pool (almost every day), the library, the park and the rec center to play basketball. They also got to have tons of sleepovers (even on weeknights!).
John and I have also been playing tennis several nights a week, he kept beating me at first but then one night we tied and then I finally beat him a few nights ago...it was truly a hard fought battle!
We all saw Harry Potter 6 last weekend and LOVED it! Zachary got to spend the weekend with his cousins and he had a blast hanging out with Tylor at Eliches. Ashley went with Bridget's family to the Demi Lavato concert Monday night and had a great time.
Other good news...we're getting a new Lhasa Apso puppy (Ashley and I are pulling for a girl). It will be one of these six little cuties below (3 boys & 3 girls) they were born on June 30th. Their mother is our dog Jack's older sister. We'll drive down to Pueblo in a few weeks to pick our puppy, then we get to bring it home at the end of August. I feel like an expectant mommy...we can't wait!!!
Other good news...we're getting a new Lhasa Apso puppy (Ashley and I are pulling for a girl). It will be one of these six little cuties below (3 boys & 3 girls) they were born on June 30th. Their mother is our dog Jack's older sister. We'll drive down to Pueblo in a few weeks to pick our puppy, then we get to bring it home at the end of August. I feel like an expectant mommy...we can't wait!!!
John started working with his new company this week and the kids are going through major Daddy with drawls. Thankfully Cameron and Ashley will be busy starting school next week and then Zach first day of Middle School (I still can't believe it) is the second week of August.
No comments:
Post a Comment