In just a few hours I'll be sitting next to my hubby holding tightly to his hands as we head out for a much needed kid-less vacation weekend. It's not that we're all romantic and lovey-dovey like that...no I'll be holding his hands because John absolutely hates to fly...actually the word 'hate' isn't strong enough to accurately describe how he really feels about it. Let's just say that I really hope that after all his late nights at work this week he'll get on that plane and quickly pass out.
Me on the other hand...well I absolutely LOVE to fly, always have. I find it very relaxing and usually just read or in most cases I take a nice nap.
John and I haven't flown together just the two of us since our honeymoon 12 years ago...and flying was a big problem for him back then too but being newlyweds he did his best to try and hide it from me. Now a days he has no problem telling everyone just how much he hates it. In the past 12 years we've taken lots of family vacations (mostly road trips) but this will be the first time that just to two of us went somewhere without the kids...well there was that one quick trip 5 years ago when I surprised him in California when he was called to work out there for a month. The grocery stores were on strike, the San Bernadino hills were on fire and I managed to total our rental car. So we actually try to forget about that trip and that means that this weekend is a rare treat...and frankly I'm so excited.
Hopefully John and my hands will survive the 2 1/2 hour flight down to Houston...and then we can start having some fun. The game plan is to spend lots of time with my parents and grandparents, hopefully John and my dad will catch a bunch of fish for us to eat, then we'll enjoy a day with John's family in Louisiana at his niece Brittney's wedding, possibly attend a Beach Boys concert in Galveston, then maybe some more fishing and hopefully a few visits with friends and family and then Monday it's back to the airport to make the trip back home...hopefully with both of us napping the whole way.
We're pretty bummed that we're going to miss spending Halloween with the kids (it's John's favorite holiday) but we know that they're going to have a great weekend with their uncle Courtney and trick-or-treating with their friends. Love you guys!!
1 comment:
How fun! Have a great time! Hope he makes it through the flights :)!
Post a Comment