Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

Ashley and her cousin Rylee

Let me start off by saying...I don’t like holidays that fall in the middle of the week, it really messes me up!

Yesterday I sat straight up in bed out of a nice deep sleep, totally freaked out. I started yelling to John that we’d over slept and my friends were due to arrive in 10 minutes but after a few seconds I thought wait that’s on Saturday and oh I forgot it’s only Wednesday… needless to say I couldn’t go back to sleep.

Not the ideal way to start a holiday but it did give us a jump on our morning plans of going to see the new Transformer movie. I’m not a big action movie buff or anything but this was the BEST action movie I’ve ever seen!! I might be a bit biased since I grew up as a tomboy in the 80’s and totally loved Transformers. I even had my own collection of the awesome toy robots and used to run home from school everyday with my brother to watch the cartoon in the afternoons. I’ve been anxiously waiting the arrival of this movie for the past year and it was better than I hoped it would be. I was compleately on the edge of my seat the entire time and actually clapped and cheered along with the fellow movie goers when it was over (a first for me).

The rest of the holiday was perfect. My brother Chris and his family came over for a nice barbeque, complete with a yummy Strawberry Shortcake. We hung out in the front yard with our neighbors watching the kids ride bikes…and oh Cameron was finally able to ride his bike without training wheels!!! Then we all headed over to the Town Center where we met up with the Braaten’s to watch the fireworks. The atmosphere was great, it had this small town/Norman Rockwell feel to it, kids running around with little American flags and everywhere you looked there were families camped out on blankets making small talk with the unfamiliar family next to them. The weather was ideal and we ended up in a prime location to view the awesome show. What a perfect way to celebrate our great country. Hope you all had a nice holiday and I can’t forget to wish a happy birthday to Princess Paris…you are always in my heart! http://www.pariswhite.com/



Ashley, Cameron and our neighbor Jake.


The 2 Cameron B's, Nathan and Jake waiting for the firework show to start.

John and Phil kick'n back.

No comments: